hexagon round pouch & an ipad casing

I love making hexies. They are therapeutic and pretty to look at. But usually I am not sure what to do with them. This time, I wanted to make coasters but after seeing the pretty red zipper on my desk, I changed my mind and started sewing this round pouch...

 

I used linen to sew the hexie flower on and added quilting details using red quilting thread. The pouch is fully handsewn. That explains why I took so much time to complete it... Ah yes, I'm really slow.
 
 
Inside is red gingham fabric by Lecien. You can find it here.
 
 
 Back of the pouch is a simple and nice lace. It's my favourite.

Other than sewing the hexagon round pouch, I also made an iPad casing for myself. It fits really well but the minus point is that it's not waterproof. So my husband is not really keen to use it.


The beautiful fabric is by Sandi Henderson Meadowsweet and the yellow gingham is again by Lecien Japan. I really like fabrics by Sandi Henderson, other than the usual Japan fabrics I adore. I bought both fabrics from Etsy.

 
Inside is just velcro closing since magnetic button is not advisable for electronic products.
 
Now my table is a little free, so I wish to work on a small quilt for baby....
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

andrea creates said...

they're both so cute!
:)

leanne said...

Love the round pouch such a great idea and the ipad cover is very cute too

Carla said...

I saw your little round pouch on Flickr. So cute!

Christine said...

Love your hexie pouch. So pretty.

elnorac said...

Love your little pouch! All of your work! I've just started hand-stitching some of my projects, and it's so therapeutic, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I started a scrappy hexie quilt over a year ago. I'm on the last 1000 pieces. I love them. I take them anywhere. My husband has noticed a big difference in me and my coworkers said they wish they had calm and peace like me.

I just discovered your blog and love it!
Lindsey Aaron in Georgia, us